As the season comes to a close, Ely Tigers bid farewell to Senior Squad coach, Paul "Buzz" Coulson, after 15 years at the helm.

Tigers faced Southwold to the Cambridge Commodities Park for the last home game of the season.  

The first attack of the game saw Ely drive over the first try of the afternoon as Mitchel Kennett scored, conversion added by Jake Alsop, as the Tigers took a 7-0 lead.

Southwold's first real attack on the game came on 15 minutes, when they picked gaps in the Ely back-line.

Tigers Paul Dewey stopped the attack, but Southwold won the ball back from a line-out to score, with the conversion added, the lead 7-7.

After scoring, Wold had the better of the game, keeping Tigers pegged back. A penalty to Ely for a high tackle, in front of the posts, Tigers opted to kick for the points,  up stepped Alsop to add the three points on 30 minutes, 10-7. 

A high number of handling errors by Tigers was giving Wold the advantage, another penalty to the fixtures gave them a chance to level the scores as half time approached, the kicker making little mistake as the ball sailed through the uprights, 10-10. 

Injury time of the first half, saw Mitchell Kennett cross over the line again, with Jake Alsop stepping up with the conversion, but stood and watched as the ball bounced of the upright, to leave the score at 15-10 at the break. 

Second half started with Southwold breaking free on the left to score, finding the gaps in the Tigers backline scoring in the corner, they were unable to add the conversion from the tight angle. the scores were level at 15-15.

Tigers started to make the replacements, with Grant Storey coming on, the game was to close to call, with both sides looking to get the next score, and it came from a mistake from Wold.

Lee Thompson picked up a loose pass to stroll across the try line under the posts, Alsop was able to add the conversion, 22-15.

Tigers made a further two changes and John Surbey and Adam Tallack came on. There was still time for another score as Jake Alsop added a further 3 points as he slotted home a penalty in front of the points, 25-15 

Neither side was able to trouble the scoreboard further as the game drew to a close, with the final score finishing in a 25-15 win for the Tigers. leaving them in sixth place with a game to go.